Development strategy for recreational fishery
The strategy guides the recreational fisheries administration, research in the field and the activities of different organisation.
Key objectives of the development strategy for recreational fishery:
- Recreational fishing primarily utilises naturally reproducing fish stocks in a diverse and sustainable manner.
- Fish stock management activities are carefully planned and based on needs, and their results are systematically monitored.
- The status of water bodies is maintained or improved, and recreational fishing contributes to the development.
- Recreational fishing remains an important nature activity for Finns, also in an urbanised society.
- Recreational fishing provides opportunities for competitive business activities.
- Collaboration among organisations in the recreational fisheries sector and the whole fisheries sector is effective, and their operating conditions are safeguarded.